What Are Adventure Sessions and Why You Should Do Them
What are adventure sessions?
Adventure sessions are multiple-hour experiences where we explore an epic location. Not only do I capture posed images of the two of you together, but also the experience you’re having at the place you’re visiting. These sessions are awesome to do because you get amazing shots like these, in places you love or are experiencing for the first time together.
Engagements sessions can be incredibly beautiful as well. You are just limited in terms of your time and location. However, with adventure sessions, you get to explore a gorgeous place and give yourself time to get your vision truly captured. We are also able to get more pictures that are more natural and show off your relationship since we’re investing the time to get you guys more comfortable and authentic.
An adventure session allows for more time for you to develop memories.
I don’t really set a time limit, which creates the perfect relaxed environment for a really personal and creative session. I also have time to work with you to understand what is most important to you as far as location. I create a timeline that works for you, and I work with you to create a one on one package unique to YOU and your adventure.
Adventure sessions have quickly become one of my favorite things to shoot, because I get to have so much fun with the couples I work with. We explore, we chat, we laugh, and capture some stunning moments. Whether I’m following you to your next vacation, exploring a national park (Yellowstone and Grand Teton are some of my favorites) I love being able to tag along and just capture you guys in your element. Let’s leave behind the stiff poses and jump into adventure! Are you going cliff jumping in foreign lands? Or are you planning on jumping into the lake in your hometown? Either way, I’m here. The fun part about adventure sessions is that they cover an experience that you two have that describes who you are completely. It’s my job to capture it.
Right in my backyard are tons of National Parks with breathtaking views. Whether we’re looking at steam pots and giant waterfalls in Yellowstone, or exploring the gorgeous mountain views and streams at Grand Teton National Park, I’ll be right there alongside you.
What’s great about this is that I know all the hot spots and good food around town. If you want to make a day-trip out of it, you know we’ll be eating food at the best spots and I’ll show you the coolest locations to explore. These sessions are only a couple hundred more than my engagement packages, and they’re such an investment with the stunning images you’ll get back.
WHY YOU SHOULD DO THEM:
- You get to have a vacation CAPTURED.
- It’s not just posed photos in front of a camera. It’s an experience.
- You can see these incredible places and explore even further to get better spots.
- These memories will last forever and be a true reflection of your relationship as a couple during this time capsule of a moment.
- Great way to document proposals, bridal sessions, engagements
While the Tetons are a popular location for adventure session, unique locations to your relationship are always an option.
Here are some of the places and things we can do together!:
– A 3 hour sunrise adventure hopping around Yellowstone National Park including a 2-mile hike to see the Grand Prismatic Spring as you have never seen before! At 6am nobody is walking or driving around the park, so we had every spot to ourselves!
– An early morning hot air balloon festival, a perfect place to have a UNIQUE proposal.
– A kyaking trip on your favorite body of water. This can be done in formal wear with an epic jump at the end, or a steamy swimsuit!
– A couple’s Engagement session set in the Tetons, where we explored all of my favorite locations. They had always wanted to go to Wyoming and he suprised her with a trip right after he proposed! We spent hours walking, talking, and looking for the most gorgeous spots.
– One of my couples got married in the Tetons and did an adventure session with me in their bridal gear after the ceremony and then we all went back to their Air BnB in Island Park where they had a beautiful intimate reception.
There are so many more… but if you’ve got an experience that’s personal to you, opt for an adventure session. You won’t regret it!
Send me a quick message or give me a call and we can talk about your next adventure!
Alexandra and Eric flew to Jackson Hole to celebrate their engagement and to tour the gorgeous sights of both Yellowstone and the Tetons. They stayed for a week and scheduled an adventure session where we popped around to my favorite places!
We went in the late evening to Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park and had so much fun getting gorgeous shots. I loved the greens and the forest trees as they contrasted against the Tetons. Even though the snow was rolling in and we were a little cold, that didn’t stop us from getting stunning pictures and having the best time celebrating their love.
Are you absolutely ready to book your next adventure session? Let’s jump on the phone together and talk about your dreams! Click below!